So there’s an art to gathering news from other places? This seems a little common sense to me though…
1. Organise the chaos
Otherwise you’re just grasping at straws for something you may or may not find.
2. Create Twitter lists
This seems repetitive…
3. Create Facebook lists
Come on, really?
4. Set up searches in TweetDeck
When you can find things, you can report on them.
5. Use Twitter’s advanced search
Again, it’s easier to report on things when you find them.
6. Set up RSS feeds around keywords or sources
Okay, I’m getting tired of repeating things.
7. Use Google advanced operators to search other social media
Again, search. Easy.
8. Use contacts to find contacts
Just like in the real world, right?
9. Nurture contacts
Prove to them that you want to help them out.
10. Consider private v public lists
You keep sources confidential, don’t you?
11. Keep your lists
Just like you wouldn’t throw out a business card.
12. Question the information shared by your sources
They might be lying to you. Always look for someone else to say the same thing.
13. Verify your sources
You need two confirms before you report. Otherwise you’re reporting false info, and that’s bad.
14. Pick up the phone
No duh. How else are you going to get a confirmation?
Yay, see, easy.